The new version of Propack will encompass
the following features:
- Greater OS scalability.
- New version of glibc and math libraries (libm).
- Allows the addition of CXFS 3.2 which has important updates for
- Improved methods for dealing with buffer cache.
- Security updates.
- Allows MPT 1.11 with improved functionality such as the use of non
contiguous datatypes in single sided communication.
- Requires LSF to be upgraded to version 6.1.
- Various bugfixes.
- All these are intended to lead to increased stability.
However in applying these important upgrades there
are a few caveats:
- The upgrade may slightly affect numerical results, dependent on
the use of libm functions.
- Codes may need recompilation under Propack 3.0, even if not necessary
we do recommend codes are recompiled.